6/25/14 - Communications Coordinator – Job Description
Washington Filmworks is now hiring a Communications Coordinator. The primary responsibility is to work with the Executive Director to execute the organization’s communications strategy. We are looking for someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills who also has the ability to multi-task in a quickly evolving work environment. The ideal candidate will enjoy writing in a variety of formats, be able to work collaboratively, is comfortable handling responsibility, and is an effective problem solver.
- Essential Job Functions:
• Manage, maintain, and promote the Washington Filmworks brand in a diversity of communication platforms such as but not limited to the website, monthly newsletter, blog and social media.
- • Work with the Executive Director to promote special programs and initiatives.
- • Prepare and coordinate marketing materials for events and presentations
- • Attend meetings, conferences and / or industry events as needed.
- • Manage a database of Washington film industry related stories and press.
- • Equivalent of 1-2 years of marketing and communications experience
- • Clear, concise communication style and good judgment imperative
- • Resourcefulness and strong organizational skills essential
- • Exceptionally strong computer skills including expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Constant Contact, Wordpress, and proficiency with Photoshop
All candidates must be available for an in-person interview on Wednesday, July 30.
- Desired Qualifications:
- • Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university.
- • Some desktop publishing and graphic design experience preferred
- • Working knowledge of the film industry
- • DOE, Transportation stipend
How to Apply:
Submit resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.
Filing closing date: Tuesday, July 15. No phone calls please.
- Hiring Timeline
Tuesday, July 15 -- Application Deadline
- Wednesday, July 30--Panel Interviews
- Friday, August 1 -- Finalist Interviews
Who We Are
Washington Filmworks is a not-for-profit 501 (c)(6) organization that manages the state film program and the production incentive. The mission of Washington Filmworks is to create economic development opportunities by building and enhancing the competiveness, profile and sustainability of Washington State’s film industry.
To download this job description please click here.