Washington Filmworks uses our Location of the Month newsletters to showcase the diversity of unique looks and resources for production in a number of jurisdictions around Washington State. Find previous installments archived on our website and on the WF Blog.
Bellevue – January 2016
Bellevue is a vibrant, modern, and growing city. Bellevue’s compact one square mile downtown provides a dense urban core with wide streets situated among the city’s high-rise office and residential towers. Downtown also features dozens of hidden courtyards and plazas. The city’s waterfront and hilltop neighborhoods provide views of Lake Washington and Seattle’s skyline from scenic curving lanes.
While downtown is very urban, the surrounding city features a myriad of parks and outdoor options including manicured gardens, wooded hiking trails, beachfront parks and a slough for kayaking amidst old growth timber and wetlands.
Bellevue hosts a summer Arts Fair and the Wintergrass Music Festival takes place in February. With urban nature nestled among greater Washington, those traveling to Bellevue can have the best of both worlds.
Projects Filmed in Bellevue
- Celebrity Wife Swap
- Rugged Justice
- Group Health
- Make a Wish Foundation
Key Locations of Interest
- Bellevue Arts Museum
- Bellevue Botanical Garden and Ravine Bridge
- Bellevue City Hall
- Downtown Park
- Enatai Beach Park (rents canoes and kayaks to paddle on the lake)
- Hidden Valley Sports Park
- Kelsey Creek Park & Farm
- Mercer Slough Nature Park
- Meydenbauer Center
- Old Bellevue (features old-fashioned lamp posts, brick sidewalks and cafes)
- Weowna Park
- Zipline and Aerial Adventure Park
Distance to Closest Large Washington Airport
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport is approximately 17 miles from Bellevue.
Closest Large City Adjacent
- Seattle is approximately 9 miles from Bellevue.
Relevant Contact Names & Information
- Local Film Liaison – Sharon Linton, Director, Marketing and Communications Manager, Visit Bellevue Washington, (425) 450-3720, email@example.com
- Agency that issues permits and costs – Tony Cezar, Right of Way/Construction Supervisor, (425) 452-7835,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Police or Sheriff’s Department or agency that handles traffic control – Brian Johnson, Blue Line Protective Services, (206) 915-8518, email@example.com
- A full list is available at: http://www.visitbellevuewashington.com/hotels/