Department of Transportation

Department of Transportation

State Roads and Highways

There are two agencies involved when shooting on state roads and highways: the Department of Transportation and the Washington State Patrol. The Department of Transportation authorizes the film permits while the State Patrol controls traffic and ensures safety on the set. Allow at least two weeks to process permit, please view this link:

We recommend you have the following information ready before you contact your regional representative:

  • Official Project Name
  • Production Company Name
  • Production Company Representative (person authorized to sign the permit)
  • Email Address (for permit to be sent for processing, signatures, and return)
  • Phone Number
  • What is the type of project?
  • What is the exact proposed route?
  • What is the proposed activity and type of traffic control you are requesting?
  • What are the dates of proposed filming?
  • What is the size of the crew and potential impact?

Department of Transportation View WA Roads On-Line

Department of Transportation By Region:

Northwest Region
King, Snohomish, Skagit, Whatcom, and Island Counties
(South King County to Canadian border, Puget Sound to Cascades)

Bonnie Nau
(206) 440-4471
North Central Region
Chelan, Okanogan, Douglas, Grant and part of Adams counties

Scott Cervine
Phone: (509) 667-3077
Olympic Region
Clallam, Jefferson, Grays Harbor, Mason, Kitsap, Pierce, and Thurston counties

Gerald Nelson
(360) 704-3223
Southwest Region
Pacific, Wahkiakum, Lewis, Cowlitz, Clark, Skamania, Klickitat, part of Yakima counties

Contact: Gary Weiss
(360) 905-2257
South Central Region
Kittitas, part of Yakima, Benton, Franklin, Walla Walla, Columbia, Garfield, Asotin, and part of I-90 in King counties

Ron Bower
(509) 577-1988
Eastern Region
Ferry, Stevens, Pend Oreille, Spokane, Lincoln, part of Adams, and Whitman counties

Al Gilson
(509) 324-6015