Washington Filmworks (WF) uses our Location of the Month newsletters to showcase the diversity of unique looks and resources for production in a number of jurisdictions around Washington State. Find previous installments archived on our website and on the WF Blog.
City of Everett – June 2014
The climate of Everett is heavily influenced by marine air masses, which tend to moderate temperatures with seasonal variations that are much less pronounced than inland areas, and mild winters.
January – High 48.0 F, Low 35.0 F
July – High 75.0 F, Low 54.0
January Rainfall – 5.11 inches
July Rainfall – 1.17 inches
Projects Filmed in Everett
- The Architect, an indie film by writers Catherine DiNapoli and Jonathan Parker starring Eric McCormack and Parker Posey (2013)
- 7 Minutes, a Whitewater Film Production starring Leven Rambin, Jason Ritter and Luke Mitchell (2013)
- The Ring, a DreamWorks Production starring Naomi Watts (2002)
- The Fugitive TV series starring Tim Daly (2000-2001)
- Numerous commercials and TV episodes including Our America with Lisa Ling and Kitchen Nightmares with Chef Gordon Ramsay
Key Locations of Interest
- A working waterfront and heavy industrial manufacturing provide great backdrops to film
- A wide variety of beautifully restored public buildings, including Everett High School, built in 1880, the Historic Everett Theatre, built in 1901, and the Monte Cristo Hotel, built in 1925
- Homes vary, from the Rucker Mansion, built in 1905, and the Hartley Mansion, built in 1910, to middle class neighborhoods lined with Craftsman bungalows and Tudors
- Schack Art Center Gallery and glass blowing hot shop offers a contemporary, cutting-edge arts setting
- Jetty Island, just minutes from the marina, has a two-mile long sandy beach of untouched natural beauty
- From Everett, a film crew is 30 minutes to Seattle’s skyscrapers, Skagit farmland, the cattail & bulrush marshes of the Snohomish River Delta or the foothills of the Cascade Mountains
Relevant Contact Name and Information
- Local Film Liaison – Carol Thomas, Cultural Arts Manager for the City of Everett, (425) 257-7101, email@example.com
- Agency that issues permits and costs – Your first point of contact for permits is Carol Thomas, Cultural Arts Manager for the City of Everett, (425) 257-7101, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Police or Sheriff’s Department or agency that handles traffic control – The City of Everett issues all permits and street closures in a streamlined permit process and may require a meeting with representatives from transit, traffic, fire, police, parks and the film office to ensure a smooth and easy shooting process
Closest Large Washington Airport
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport is 40 miles from Everett.
Closest Large Cities in Washington
Seattle is 25 miles from Everett.
- Holiday Inn
- Best Western Cascadia Inn
- Inn at Port Gardner
- Best Western Navigator Inn & Suites
- Hampton Inn