October 28, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Submit Your “Latest Work” to Commercialize Seattle
About Commercialize Seattle
Commercialize Seattle is a business development campaign designed to drive more production and advertising business to Seattle and the region. As part of the campaign we will highlight commercials that were made and produced locally on the “Latest Work” section of the Commercialize Seattle website. Showing the great work we do locally is key to the success of the campaign. So read on to learn about how you can participate!
Criteria For Submission
The following outlines the criteria for projects being submitted to the “Latest Work” section on the Commercialize Seattle website:
- Projects must be made by a Washington-based production company or agency.
- Projects must have been shot entirely in Washington State.
- Projects may be local, regional, or national commercials.
- Projects may be no longer than 2 minutes in length.
- The project must have been broadcast or aired online within one year of the date of submission.
- All projects must be submitted for consideration exactly as published or aired,
- Projects must have been made for paying clients, except pro bono work for charities and / or non-profit organizations.
- Submissions may not be made without the permission of the client and / or owner of the rights of the work. The production company or agency submitting work must have properly cleared all names, titles, information, trademarks, service marks and copyrighted materials provided and can affirm that the project is approved for use on the Washington Filmworks and Commercialize Seattle websites, and in related publications.
How To Submit **
Register your Production Company or Agency at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DC2T6FZ.
As a reminder, when production companies register with Commercialize Seattle, they are eligible to become the production company of record on qualified commercials. If chosen, these production companies will receive a 5% return on the eligible in-state spend to help facilitate the production incentive application and completion package paperwork.
After registering your business, send an email to Info@CommercializeSeattle.com with the subject line: “Latest Work Submission.” Inside the body of the email include:
- Title of the Commercial
- Name of the production company, agency, director and editor
- Link to the project on Vimeo
** Note: Information that you provide during the submission process will be used for events, press releases, websites, shows ,and marketing collateral associated with the Commercialize Seattle campaign.
The Selection Committee is made up of leaders from Washington State’s advertising and creative industries and is responsible for choosing projects for the “Latest Work” section of the Commercialize Seattle website. Projects selected for the website must be emblematic of the talent and capability of Washington’s creative community.
Work will be curated on an ongoing, regular basis and uploaded on the website a minimum of once per month.
Inclusion on the Commercialize Seattle reel is not guaranteed. Commercials for the “Latest Work Section” are chosen at the sole discretion of the Selection Committee.
- Enter your best work. The “Latest Work” section of the website is our “Reel for the Region.” If you wouldn’t include the commercial you are submitting on your reel, we likely won’t use it on ours.
- Enter work often. The site is curated on an ongoing basis and is constantly being updated.
- Use good judgment. If you’re offended by it (if only slightly), the Selection Committee will likely be offended too.
Should you have questions about “Latest Work” submission or Commercialize Seattle, please send an email to Info@CommercializeSeattle.com.