Oscar night is traditionally full of plenty of glitz and spectacle. Maybe you prefer to take in the glamour with a hundred of your best dressed friends, bubbly in hand. Or maybe your Academy Awards tradition is more Snuggie, some popcorn and a couch. Either way, Oscar gold is just around the corner; the big event happens this Sunday, Feb 24th.
- If you’re in Seattle, Three Dollar Bill Cinema and Gay City Health Project present their 8th Annual Academy Awards Party on Oscar Night.
- CBS Seattle has put together a handy guide for Seattle-area Oscar Parties.
- Been on location and don’t even know who was nominated this year? Start here with the list of 2013 nominees.
- Staying home? Play along and predict the winners with an Official Oscars Ballot.
- Care to place a wager? KING5 News asked Seattle movie critic, Laremy Legel, to share his picks.
- In Eastern Washington? Look into the 2013 Spokane AIDS Network Oscar Night Gala on February 24, 2013 at Northern Quest Resort & Casino.
We’d love to help spread the word about Oscar Parties and Events in your community. Send us the details by emailing info@WashingtonFilmworks.org and we’ll do our best to help promote on Facebook and Twitter.
In the meantime, what’s your Oscar tradition?