Washington Filmworks uses our Location of the Month newsletters to showcase the diversity of unique looks and resources for production in a number of jurisdictions around Washington State. Find previous installments archived on our website and on the WF Blog.
City of Washougal – May 2016
Washougal has beautiful, mild weather all year long. The Columbia River Gorge brings its own weather systems at times with high east winds in mostly the fall and winter months. Winter snow levels stay in the hills with only small amounts reaching town.
- January – Average 40.0 F, Low 35.1 F
- July – Average 68.0 F, Low 55.5 F
- January Rainfall – 4.85 inches
- July Rainfall – .35 inches
Projects Filmed in Washougal
- Twilight (2008)
Key Locations of Interest
- Cape Horn Trail Vistas
- Columbia River
- Columbia River Gorge Scenic Area
- Cottonwood Beach
- Downtown Washougal
- Marina Park
- Steamboat Landing Park
- Steigerwald Lake National Wildlife Refuge
- Washougal MX Park
Distance to Closest Large Airport
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport is approximately 171 miles from Washougal.
Portland International Airport is approximately 16 miles from Washougal.
Closest Large Cities Adjacent
Olympia is approximately 119 miles from Washougal.
Seattle is approximately 179 miles from Washougal.
Vancouver, WA is approximately 17 miles from Washougal.
Relevant Contact Names & Information
- Local Film Liaison – Rosemary Cooke, Director of Business Development, Visit Vancouver USA, (360) 750-1553, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agency that issues permits and costs – David Scott, City Manager, City of Washougal email@example.com. And Rose Jewell, Assistant to the Mayor and City Manager, City of Washougal, (360) 835-8501, firstname.lastname@example.org
- City of Washougal – For use of any city parks or streets, a Special Event Application must be filled out. The form will be routed to Police or other departments for any service needs outlined in application. This form can be found on the City of Washougal website: http://www.cityofwashougal.us/parks/page/special-event-application-0
- Police or Sheriff’s Department or agency that handles traffic control – Washougal Police Department, (368) 835-8701, http://cityofwashougal.us/police
A full list of accommodations can be found here:
1411 Fourth Ave., Suite 420