Washington Filmworks uses our Location of the Month newsletters to showcase the diversity of unique looks and resources for production in a number of jurisdictions around Washington State. Find previous installments archived on our website and on the WF Blog.
Woodinville – February 2016
More than just a town, Woodinville is a creative convergence zone. Located in the heart of the Sammamish River Valley, this is a place where personalities fuse with passions. Winemakers and grapes, chefs and farms, bicyclists and breweries, gardeners and greenery – they’ve all found a home there. There’s always someone or something brewing, blossoming, baking or pouring there, just waiting for you to enjoy.
In Woodinville, you can go wherever your taste leads: sipping, dining, riding, relaxing – find your own perfect blend.
Projects Filmed in Woodinville
- The Man in the High Castle (2014)
- True Adolescents (2009)
- Black Widow (1987)
Key Locations of Interest
- Hollywood Schoolhouse
- Molbak’s Garden + Home
- Sammamish Valley
- Willows Lodge
- A variety of wineries, large and small
Distance to Closest Large Washington Airport
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport is approximately 28 miles from Woodinville.
Closest Large Cities Adjacent
- Bothell is approximately 3 miles from Woodinville
- Kirkland is approximately 7 miles from Woodinville
- Redmond is approximately 7 miles from Woodinville
- Seattle is approximately 20 miles from Woodinville
Relevant Contact Names & Information
- Local Film Liaison – Dave Witt, Executive Director, Woodinville Chamber of Commerce, (425) 481-8300, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agency that issues permits and costs – Dave Kuhl, Development Services Director, City of Woodinville, (425) 877-2271, email@example.com
- Police or Sheriff’s Department or agency that handles traffic control – K.A. Larson, Police Chief, City of Woodinville, (425) 877-2779, firstname.lastname@example.org
- A full list is available at: http://www.visitwoodinville.org/stay/
1411 Fourth Ave., Suite 420