Washington Filmworks is hiring a Full-Time Motion Picture Completion Package Review Accounting Assistant.
Washington Filmworks is the nonprofit organization that manages the Washington State film incentive program and maintains the functions of the state film office as well as resources for associated creative industries across the state.
The Motion Picture Completion Package Review Accounting Assistant will have a unique perspective into the motion picture industry and will be able to utilize strong analytical, bookkeeping, and administrative skills while assisting with the organization’s review process for all qualified motion picture productions, as well as provide some day-to-day fiscal administration for the nonprofit organization.
Due to the pandemic, this work will be currently conducted remotely, but the Assistant will be given the opportunity to engage with members of the local film community and support the creative industries in Washington State.
Duties of the Accounting Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Director of Operations and Finance in the completion package review process
- Provide an initial overview of submitted expenses in Completion Package
- Identify expense eligibility
- Record tax impact
- Review wage and residency data for eligibility
- Review declaration of residency documentation
- Verify days worked, rates paid, benefits accrued as applicable
- Prepare review results report and checklist
- Identify UBI numbers and NAICS codes for all film vendors submitted
- Assist in updating and managing the jobs database and vendor database
- Help aggregate data for oversight bodies and legislative reporting
- Work with the Director of Operations and Finance facilitating administrative tasks associated with daily fiscal duties and filing
- Maintain document procedures for annual contribution campaigns
- Reconciliation of monthly bills, credit card expenses, and petty cash
- Manage special projects for the organization throughout the year including:
- Aggregate data from special projects such as Social Safety Net Survey
- Track and report on the status of nationwide production incentive programs
Qualifications and Skills:
- Familiarity with the motion picture industry and typical production spending
- Proficiency with Google Suite products and Microsoft Office products particularly Google Sheets and Excel
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Organization, attention to detail, productivity
- Able to work independently and dependably
Compensation: Depends on Experience, Health Benefits, Work From Home Reimbursement
How to Apply: Submit resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com
Filing Closing Date: Friday, April 30.
Panel Interviews tentatively scheduled: Tuesday, May 11.
No phone calls, please.